Thursday, April 10, 2008

To Live at the Moment. To Love

Saw Rent for the second time at the Nederlander Theater. The same place, but better seat, and I was even more blown away than two years ago. I suppose it takes age and experience to truly comprehend the bohemian spirit behind it, although in the past two years I haven’t done much other than moving to the kingdom of these bohemians. They live underneath the flashy skin of the city. They drift, survive, and are sometimes torn apart, but they simply lived and loved.

To live at the moment, and to love—I love Rent because of this bold and powerful message. As complicated as life can get, sometimes you will just have to seize the moment and capture one minute of shine out of the five hundred twenty five thousand and six hundred minutes in a year.

Nothing depicts this better than my favorite song Seasons of Love. Such brilliant lyrics—How do you measure a year in the life? In daylights, in sunsets, in inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife? But, how about love? Measure in love.




2 comments:

fanka said...

看到the second paragragh就开始心里默唱这首歌了,嗲发~~

Another woman's treasure said...

omg, i was just thinking about this song on my way to work this morning... remember the love... measure in love... u've inspired me to start penning a blog, i'll let u know the link once i start :-)